Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Buffers size, ring buffer and multiple files

From: "Chet Seligman" <cseligman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:41:09 -0800
Title: Buffers size, ring buffer and multiple files

When I want to capture  a very large amount of traffic, I usually set up for multiple files(10-20), buffer size of 64meg, new file every 64meg and ring buffer of up to 10 files.

Is this the best configuration?

Does anyone have rules of thumb?

Occasionally WS crashes in extended captures, even with much smaller parameters.

Chet