Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] TCP Checksum Incorrect

From: Mike Savory <msavory-shark@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 19:26:01 -0800
Hi Al

A fellow New Zealander here, working in Seattle

Check out...

http://wiki.wireshark.org/TCP_Checksum_Verification

For the most probable reason for seeing Checksum incorrect on your own packets.

Regards

Mike

On Jan 13, 2007, at 6:24 PM, acgrant@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

HI Guys,

First time posting to this list, and pretty new at using
wireshark. It looks like a great tool.

The reason that I came across WireShark is that I got a new
wireless internet connection. It seems ok, but on streaming
video applications like YouTube and some other things it
seems jerky.

Now this 1800/1800 kbit connection should handle that stuff
with ease.

Anyway a check with wireshark shows that I am getting a lot
of [TCP CHECKSUM INCORRECT] packets. I assume this is bad?

I am the source for all of these packets, and they are on
UDP.

Can anyone please help me understand further what is going
on here?

I would really appreciate it.

Alternatively my msn is bigal_nz@xxxxxxxxxxx if you want to
chat.

Cheers

-Al

PS: I am happy to send a sample file thro, but assume its a
no no for the list?