Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] [Wireshark-dev] If anyone is willing to look at a capture?

From: "ronnie sahlberg" <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:49:26 +1100
They are neither retransmissions nor out of order   they are duplicated by the stack/winpcap during packet capturing

See
http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/InterferingSoftware

On 1/12/07, Luis Ontanon <luis.ontanon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
ronnie,
    You should take a look at this capture. These out-if-order packets
look  to me more like retransmissions.

L,
   It appears that 192.168.70.42 transmits twice every TCP packet.
What's the cause I can't tell but that's certainly a problem of that
box. Try disabling the firewall if you have it and see if it still
happens.

On 1/12/07, L SB < lmsaeb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is the capture from the PC I am having so many out of order packets
> from. If anyone is kin enough to take a peak and maybe save my sanity, I
> would be forever grateful.
>
> As you can see it is happening with multiple destinations.
>
> I have ruled out faulty nics, the network connection and even the PC itself
> (swapped the harddrive into a new machine).
>
> My only other step is to just reformat the PC???
>

> >From: "L SB" <lmsaeb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> >To: wireshark-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: Re: [Wireshark-users] TCP out of order segments
> >Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 19:04:29 -0500
> >
> >I did some more testing and it is only happening on one PC. I have tried
> >changing network cards and even the motherboad and a new network
> >connection.
> >At this point, it seems to be software related. Do you think LANMAN could
> >cause this flood of out of segment packets?
> >

> > >From: "Frank Bulk" < frnkblk@xxxxxxxxx>
> > >To: "'Community support list for Wireshark'"
> > ><wireshark-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > >Subject: Re: [Wireshark-users] TCP out of order segments
> > >Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:41:04 -0600
> > >
> > >You'll want to do a packet trace of the transmitting computer and see if
> > >they're being sent out on an orderly basis.
> > >
> > >Frank

-- Marshall McLuhan