Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Capturing with no free ips

From: "Computer Answer" <service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:38:45 -0600
I'd like to use Ethereal/Wireshark at one of my customer sites and
need some help. Specifically I need to setup a packet capture on a public segment with no free IPs.
Basically, whether the capturing computer has to have an IP address on
the same segment as the device connected to the Internet, the server
(Novell) in this case, or whether it can capture all traffic (possibly
as long as at least some aspects of the IP setup are similar)