Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Analysing MSN traffic

From: "Antonio Cassidy" <antonio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 23:39:23 -0000

Hi all

I have my capture filter set to:  tcp port 1863 which indeed captures and logs MSN traffic.

Can anyone point me towards some papers which better describe the processes MSN is making.

Ie the ringing, ACK, QNG etc

Also im assuming file transfer has the headers :

MIME-Version 1.0\r\n

P2P-Dest: <email>

\r\n

\000\000\000\000\322\253&\000\...........

Is it possible to review the information/file being sent?   Either by decoding it or resending the information to an MSN account ?

Many Thanks