Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Question on interpreting TCP Expert Info

From: "Small, James" <JSmall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:28:36 -0500
Hello,

I am using Wireshark to look at mail traffic (SMTP/POP3).  When I look
at the trace I see lots of the following:
Previous Segment Lost
Retransmission (suspected)
Duplicate ACKs

I'm suspecting that this is exacerbated by not having enough Internet
bandwidth.

My question is, how do I interpret this?  Does this show that I don't
have enough bandwidth?  Does it mean there needs to be tuning?

I realize this is not an easy question and would be very happy even with
a go ready book ABC answer - just as long as once I read book ABC I
would know how to interpret the data.

Any and all advice greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
  --Jim