Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] I see no captured packets at all

From: "C.E.E.Pernot" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 12:27:58 +0100
Hi,

I installed Wireshark (Version 0.99.4 (SVN Rev 19757)) on my laptop (Acer Aspire 6510 with a build in Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network card), running Windows XP sp2. My LAN has an Asus WL500g router and a 3COM switch for the wired desktops attached to it.

When I start capturing on the laptop, the name of my networkcard is mentioned in the top of the capture window all right, but no captured packets are shown, even if I wait for 10 minutes.

I also uninstalled and re-installed WinPcap (version 3.1)

What am I doing wrong? Is this network card the evil part?
On one of the wired desktops, it works fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,
Cor