Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] why HTTP PDU is not reassambled

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 10:35:06 -0800
On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 10:09:26PM +0800, Xiaoguang Liu wrote:

> in the attachment, frame 7,8,9 shoud be a single HTTP request. Why
> wireshark did not reassamble them? Test on Version 0.99.5-SVN-20139
> (SVN Rev 20139), windows xp sp2. I do eanble all reasamble HTTP .....
> options.

I believe you meant frames 8, 9, 10?  They are being reassembled as you
can see from [TCP segment of a reassembled PDU] in the info column.
However, as you stated the final reassembled HTTP packet never shows up.
My guess would be that more data is expected before it finishes the
reassembly, but instead the server resets the connection (RST in the
final frame of the capture).  Can you reproduce this problem again?

Steve