Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Support for WAN / HDLC

Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:09:25 -0500
Hi,
I am researching the support of WAN protocols in WireShark.
We have a data communication device, that supports a variety of WAN
protocols: IP, X.25, FrameRelay, U100, ALC (airline link control) ...
We are currently looking into implementing a Remote Data Scope (RDS) for
our device, where we would capture frames on a given port and view them for
diagnostics.

We are considering using WireShark, as the UI for captured data.
We can see that WireShark lands itself very well for data captured on our
Ethernet port, but what abut HDLC ports ?

Can WireShark be used for analyzing X.25, FrameRelay .... and other WAN
protocols?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
Hubert

Hubert Miecznikowski
Senior Software Designer - SITA ADS, Solutions Engineering
777 Walkers Line
Burlington, ON L7N 2G1
Canada

TEL: 1-905-6815581
CVS: 7-282-5581
EMAIL: hubert.miecznikowski@xxxxxxxxx

This document is strictly confidential and intended only for use by the addressee unless otherwise stated.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.