Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] scripting wireshark

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:27:32 -0800
liangjz@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I noticed that wireshark has lua support.  Does Wireshark support

It has no built-in (or configurable-in) intepreters for any other languages.

or will it support any other langauges.

If somebody adds support for that, it will; if nobody does, it won't.

(There isn't much of a roadmap for Wireshark; by and large, capabilities are added to Wireshark if somebody contributes code for them.)

Is there a published C api?

No. At some point, we'll probably publish the API for dissectors, but APIs for other parts of Wireshark will, if published, probably show up late than that.