Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] RTP & Pro-MPEG FEC Analysis

From: "Stephenson, Craig" <cstephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 13:36:38 -0000

Hi Guys,

I’ve been using Wireshark/Ethereal for a few years now, it’s very impressive. Thanks.

At present, I’m interested in decoding and analyzing Pro-MPEG FEC, for which there has already been a dissector added in v0.99.4, as well as RTP.

The problem I have is that when the RTP packet is decoded, it decodes the 1-7 transport stream packets up individually, which is good for looking at the data, but it does mean that I can’t dump the whole RTP payload as one binary file.

I would like to use this data to verify that the xor content of the Pro-MPEG FEC packets is correct.

Also, are there any plans to include functionality to analyse the Pro-MPEG FEC content and ensure that the packets have been constructed correctly? I think this may be a lot of work, but it would be very useful.

Regards

Craig

Craig Stephenson
Verification Test Engineer | TANDBERG Television