Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Malformed packet when using IPMI RMCP+

From: "Kota, Sudhindra" <Sudhindra.Kota@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 16:05:40 -0600
Thanks a lot

-----Original Message-----
From: wireshark-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wireshark-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Guy Harris
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 3:36 PM
To: Community support list for Wireshark
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-users] Malformed packet when using IPMI RMCP+

Kota, Sudhindra wrote:
> Thanks. How do I apply this patch and compile Wireshark on windows?
The
> source files I downloaded looked like they were meant for Linux.

If by "the source files I downloaded" you're referring to the source
"tarballs" you can get from wireshark.org, they're meant for Windows as
well as all the Unix-like systems Wireshark runs on - there's nothing
Linux-specific about them.

See

	http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development

for directions on Wireshark development; that gives pointers for setting

up a development environment for Windows.  In particular, it directs you

to the Wireshark Developer's Guide:

	http://www.wireshark.org/docs/

You'll need Cygwin, which I think will also give you the "patch" command

that will let you apply a patch to the source code.