Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Malformed packet when using IPMI RMCP+

From: "Kota, Sudhindra" <Sudhindra.Kota@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 10:39:42 -0600

Hi,

  I am running Wireshark on a Windows 2003 Server (Enterprise Edition). I have a tool which uses IPMI 2.0 RMCP+ to communicate with a Baseboard Management Controller (BMC). When I view this in Wireshark I see lots of “Malformed Packet” messages (I have attached the file). I found mention of a patch on the net but I think it is for the Linux version. Is there any such patch/workaround for the Windows version? Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Regards

Sudhindra