Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] text2pcap problems on windows

From: Douglas McBride <Douglas.McBride@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 14:35:36 -0600

I have used text2pcap 1000's of times on freebsd, but recently tried it windows.  It doesn't seem to work correctly, it truncates all packets to 15 bytes.

C:\Program Files\Wireshark>text2pcap.exe -t %M:%S c:\winv6.txt ipv6
Input from: c:\winv6.txt
Output to: ipv6
Wrote packet of 15 bytes at 0
Wrote packet of 15 bytes at 15
.
.
.
Wrote packet of 15 bytes at 525
Wrote packet of 15 bytes at 540
Read 37 potential packets, wrote 37 packets

All of the packets are bigger than 15 bytes and I successfully had text2pcap parse this file on freebsd.  I also tried using the -m option and specifying a size larger than 15 but it didn't change anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug M
"This communication is for use by the intended recipient(s) only and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure or unauthorized use under applicable law. If you are not an intended recipient of this communication, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this document or information contained in this document is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me by reply e-mail or fax, permanently delete this communication from your system, and destroy any hardcopies you may have printed. *This communication is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521."