Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] RST in connection after webserver upgrade. Please help ana

From: "Jeroen Wolff" <jeroen.wolff@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 07:28:31 +0100
Thanks, Jim...i will look into the reason why the webserver stops the connection.
Maybe because the Loadbalancer does a HTTP 1.1 GET / with Connection:close

Thanks,

Jeroen

On 11/16/06, Jim Young <SYSJHY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Jeroen,

>>> "Jeroen Wolff" <jeroen.wolff@xxxxxxxxx> 11/16/06 8:27 AM >>>
> Hi,
> I've running into a tcp reset connection wich i don't understand.
> Can somebody explain it to me? That would be great!
[snip]

In the first session (frames 28-37), it's the loadbalancer
(10.132.32.124), that started the teardown of the TCP
session at frame #33.

But in the second session (frames 51-59,71), it's the upgraded
webserver (10.132.32.97) that started the teardown of
the TCP session at frame #56.   Frame #57 is where the client
(the loadbalancer) attempts the session teardown request
that is similar to frame #33 of your first session.

The question is why does the new server attempt to tear
down the session when the old server didn't.

I hope this helps,

Jim Young