Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Layer 2 FCS Capture

Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:53:24 -0600
Dear all,
I found out that Wireshark does not show or capture layer 2 FCS de'tail.  I open Wireshark capture in EtherPeek NX and it shows that the FCS is invalid.  However, when I used EtherPeek NX to capture the same packet, EtherPeek NX shows calculated.  EtherPeek help states that "The Packet Decode window shows FCS bytes as Calculated when these bytes were not captured directly from the network."

My question is can Wireshark capture layer 2 FCS?

Thanks.

Kim