Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Howto: Wireshark from the command line

From: norman <norman_khine@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 09:51:07 +0000 (GMT)
Hello,
I have setup wireshark on my local network and wanted to examine all the traffic that was going out from the gateway or a specific IP (not the local machine) for a short period of time and output this in a file.

How do you use it from the command line to get this?

When I run

#tshark -w capture.txt

works, but how do I pass the time to run for, and specify the actual IP to look at, or even protocol

Many thanks

Norman