Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Installation problem on Redhat 9.0

From: Niran Oluwaranti <nirano@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 01:38:17 +0000 (GMT)
Hi,

Pls I need assistance to install Wireshark in RH 9.0.
I did ./configure and I have the error below. I have
installed libpcap and doing

#ls -al|grep pca* /wireshark-.0-99.4/ showed there is
the pcap.h file in the folder. Please help. Thank you.

AO

checking for extraneous pcap header directories... not
found
checking pcap.h usability... no
checking pcap.h presence... no
checking for pcap.h... no
configure: error: Header file pcap.h not found; if you
installed libpcap
from source, did you also do "make install-incl", and
if you installed a
binary package of libpcap, is there also a developer's
package of libpcap,
and did you also install that package?