Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Ethereal - how it reads data from NDIS driver

From: "Maxim Bakushin" <maximb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:22:37 +0200
Hi, all.

I have a WinXP SP2 machine with a NDIS driver installed. Application running on this machine re-assembles VLAN-tagged Ethernet frames and sends them to a router via L2 switch.
When I run Ethereal (0.99.0, WinPcap 3.1) on this machine, I can see correct VLAN-tagged Ethernet frames sent to the destination, but when I monitor (with Ethereal) the LAN between that machine and L2 switch - the frames do not include the VLAN-tags. Its seems me strange.
So, my question is - what is source of information for Ethereal on the WinXP machine ?
Thanks in advance.
maximb

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential, and are proprietary
of "Shiron Satellite Communication". It is intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by replying to
the message and deleting it from your computer.
Do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.