Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] tshark help

From: "Andrew Watson" <renegadecoms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 11:23:52 -0000
Hi,

I know nothing about wireshark but I was advised to use it to check my webserver network traffic for a possible fault... the server is not local (it runs centos4) and I (having read a bit) found tshark and thought that that would probably be the way to go (although I could be wrong)./...

I did manage to get tshark to output files but I then couldn't read them (although I was aiming for a text file output it didn't seem to be text). I was using variations of the following

tshark -a duration:15 -T ps -w tsharkOP.txt
My questionis how can I output a file that I can then read / inspect?

Or should I be approaching this differently?

Any help / guidance / advice much apprecciated.....

Thanks

Andy