Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Saving session in plain text

From: nnp <version5@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 22:12:15 +0000
I have tried that but I cant see any combination of the options
presented to get the output in the format I indicated. Also I only
want the SIP part of the communication and the export function seems
to always include the headers from other layers as well.

Do you know of any way to get it to format the output in such a way?

Thanks,
nnp

On 11/12/06, Hans Nilsson <hasse_gg@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Maybe the export-function?

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 19:07:07 +0000, "nnp" <version5@xxxxxxxxx> said:
> Hi,
> I have a captured SIP session that I wish to replay using a python
> script of mine. I require the saved packed dump to be in the form
>
> REGISTER sip:127.0.0.1 SIP/2.0
> Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 127.0.0.1:5066;rport;branch=z9hG4bKecjlzkte
> Max-Forwards: 70
> To: "Bleh <101>" <sip:[email protected]>
> From: "Blah <101>" <sip:[email protected]>;tag=gaerh
> Call-ID: [email protected]
> CSeq: 396 REGISTER
> Contact: <sip:[email protected]:5066>;expires=3600
> Allow: INVITE, ACK, BYE, CANCEL, OPTIONS, PRACK, REFER, NOTIFY, SUBSCRIBE
>
> e.g plain text
>
> I was wondering how I would go about getting ethereal to save the
> session in this format. I could probably strip the libpcap headers
> from each packet after I saved it but i'd prefer if there was an
> easier way.
>
> Thanks,
> nnp
>
> --