Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] ENIP Recognition Not Consistent

Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:36:41 -0500

When capturing packets for Ethernet IP, packets on many capture configurations are not recognized as type ENIP and have data simply attached to a TCP level packet.  Is this possibly due to the destination port number not always being 44818 in my captures?  Is it possible to have WireShark recognize  the message format independently of the port number assigned?

Am using Wireshark 0.99.4 on Windows 2000.

Gary Parkinson
Email:  gary.parkinson@xxxxxx