Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capturing packets from Oracle application server

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 14:37:38 +0100
Conrad CRAMPTON PSE 52704 wrote:
Hi,
In order to diagnose some OAS problems I have installed wireshark on my local machine (w2k) in order to inspect response headers from OAS. However whenever I start the capture I get a connection time out error from the server - as if wireshark is blocking the response or request 'cause as soon as I stop the capture I can get access to the page. This happens not only for OAS but external sites to our firewall too. In fact it appears to happen for most sites.
Is there a setting I need to change or something??
That's often caused by software on your machine conflicting with the WinPcap capturing driver/library Wireshark uses to capture packets. Is there any personal firewall, VPN or alike software installed?

See http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup and especially http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/InterferingSoftware

You may ask the WinPcap mailing list, as they might being able to help you better ...

Regards, ULFL