Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Response time Questions

From: "ronnie sahlberg" <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 21:01:22 +0000
On 11/6/06, master mine <mstr_mine@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  What is the default time unit of service response time in wireshark?
(microseconds or millisecs)?

seconds

  What is the effect of block size on average response time calculation in
SCSI?

should not have much influence.   rotationa latency when disk takes a
cache miss are magnitudes larger than the time to serialize a message
across a gigasbit link.

the message size would influence transfers though if your network is
very poor and causing a lot of packetloss and tcp retransmissions.

  Is Read SRT supposed to be greater than Write SRT?.. If so, why?

it might or it might not.
it depends oin your disk system and what i/o patterns you have.

if you have a disk system that always performs write through, then all
writes will always be slower than reads that may be serviced out of
cache on the disk inb case of a cache hit.

it depends on i/o pattern and how your disk works.

what are your SRT averages ?

  Please i dont mind if there is a website i can get this information as
well. Thanks

Sponsored Link

Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone
bill. Sign up now.