Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] tcp segment of a reassembled pdu

From: "Dave Hassall" <d.hassall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:35:12 +0100
Title: tcp segment of a reassembled pdu

Downloads of large files from the internet appear to be very slow. In fact ethereal shows that the 1MB file downloads fine at 70mbps but that this is followed by a huge number of tcp segment of a reassembled pdu messages and then a huge number of continuation or non-https traffic messages and it is these 2 groups of messages that cause a further delay of 5 minutes. Our internet connection is via a Fortigate 800F firewall and cisco router and 100mbps circuit

Any suggestions of where to look next gratefully received

Thanks

Dave Hassall

Head of Network Services

Bath Spa University