Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Getting stats with tshark

From: Ingo <ingom-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 22:33:36 +0200
Hello,

I wanted to measure the throughput on my interface,
so I captured about 650 megs and looked at it with the io graph.

But there is some strange behaviour.
If I change the scale of the graph,
the values change in a weird way.

here are 2 links with some pix of the behavior, from the same sequence
one with a scale of 10 Megs and one with 5 megs.
(on win XP with wireshark 0.99.3)
As you can see the throghput of the second bar jumps from about 1.5 Megs to
something about 5 megs. The Windows Taskmanager measured a constant throughput over 8.5 megs (~71%)

http://people.freenet.de/IPX/test4.jpg
http://people.freenet.de/IPX/test5.jpg

Which values are correct?
And why are they different?