Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Running Wireshark on OS X

From: Andreas Fink <andreas@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 19:37:49 +0200
Hi Jeremy,

I have built wireshark/ethereal package version 0.99.0 for MacOS X.
It is on http://www.finkconsulting.com/page7.php#ethereal
Except X11 there's nothing required.

I'm working on a newer version which uses gtk2 instead of gtk1 but the chain reaction there is pretty serious and requires some tweaking (pango currently crashes when launched with wireshark). Also making it universal often is a lot of handwork in the libraries part (lipo is my best friend...)