Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Running Wireshark on OS X

From: "Graham Bloice" <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 16:13:45 +0100

The Wireshark page on WikiPedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireshark) shows a nice pretty screen shot of Wireshark running on OS X. Where can I get the binaries (or even the source) for the OS X version of the GUI? I downloaded the .99.3.A source and built wireshark, but it only runs under X Darwin (and not very well at that). I’ve looked all over, but I can’t seem to find an OS X version of Wireshark. Can someone please tell me where that screenshot came from?

I don't know where the screenshot came from, but if you looked a little further on in the page you come to this:

Other Info

Running on Mac OS X 10.4, under X11.app, with the Aquaextremesunken GTK theme in use.

That might explain the appearance  in the image.

Graham