Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Is it possible to have the SCCP subsystem numbers displaye

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:32:22 +0800

Keith Fleming wrote:
I looked in the format list under edit->prefrerences->columns but didn�t find any SCCP parameters. It would be nice to see not only the source/destination pointcodes as column headings, but the subsystem numbers as well. For other SS7 user parts, like ISUP, these columns would be undefined. So my question is, is it possible to define custom column headers? Thanks in advance.

Not without changing the code, it's not.

There is a "Circuit ID" column that is used by ISUP for the CIC; it could be re-used for SCCP SSNs. That sounds a little dirty at first but at the same time it would save those of us who have the CIC column showing anyway from having to add another column to show the SSN from SCCP traffic. But then that would imply the column title should be updated to "CIC or SSN" which might confuse non-SS7 users of that field.

Probably a whole new column would be better.