Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark Not Listing anything for TCP

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 16:37:12 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

Are you connected to a switch? Probably yes.
That prevents any traffic (not just TCP, but all unicast) not destined for
the capture machine from being captured. That is the very nature of a
switch.
To solve this most switches let you define a monitor port which does get
to see this traffic.

Thanx,
Jaap