Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Problem: Installing Ethereal for plug-indevelopment

From: "Anders Broman" <a.broman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 07:41:08 +0200
Hi,
Development has moved to http://wireshark.org (http://wiki.wireshark.org)you’d probably want to build your plugin under Wireshark
So go there and try again ☺

On the Wireshark developers mailing list there is a mail “Cygwin Bash update breaks verify_tools”
Saying
"…I used the cygwin setup utility to reinstall the previous version of bash and then it worked again.
The new version that breaks it is BASH_VERSION=' 3.1.17(9)-release'. The cygwin package is bash-3.1.9.tar-bz2.
The previous version that works for me is BASH_VERSION='3.1.17(6)-release'. The cygwin package is bash-3.1.6.tar.bz2…."

The problem with "cd asn1" is fixed by removing that line, the asn1 folder
Was missing from the source tarball at that time.
BR
Anders