Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Getting response values from wireshark ??

From: "Janssens, Kitty" <Kitty.Janssens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:07:52 +0200
Hello,

I'm working with wireshark 0.99.3a on Solaris 5.9.
I start wireshark from a C++ program (with popen() and pclose()) and tell it to read from a named pipe (option -i) and specifying some other parameters (-n -k -l ...).

Now, when some of the 'startup' parameters are invalid, wireshark doesn't start, but prints its man page and makes my program 'hang'.
Is there any way to catch a return code or something like that?
Or a way to stop wireshark from showing the man page when it can't start with the specified parameters ?

Thanks !

Kitty