Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] SSL decryption problems

From: "Josh Kelley" <joshkel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 14:21:39 -0400
I'm having some trouble getting SSL decryption to work.  Using
Wireshark 0.99.3a (as provided by CentOS 4), I'm trying to decrypt
SMTP with STARTTLS on my mail server.  When I enter an RSA keys list
as follows:

127.0.0.1,25,smtp,/etc/pki/tls/private/mail.key

I get the following error on my terminal:
association_add() could not find handle for protocol:smtp

When I instead try to decrypt HTTPS with this RSA keys list:
198.146.154.14,443,http,/etc/pki/tls/private/mail.key;127.0.0.1,443,http,/etc/pki/tls/private/mail.key

Decryption fails.  Wireshark reports encrypted SSL traffic as "TLSv1
Application Data", and when I go under the Analyze menu and choose
Follow SSL stream, I get a zero byte conversation.  I checked the SSL
debug log, and the only entries that sound like possible errors are
"decrypt_ssl3_record: no session key" and "ssl_restore_session can't
find stored session".

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Josh Kelley