Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark on OppenBSD 4.0

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 08:49:24 +0800

stan wrote:
I just built wireshark on OpenBSD 4.0 prerelase. It built OK,
but i don't think it took advantage of all the posible libraries. Here is what configure had to say:

The Wireshark package has been configured with the following options.
                    Build wireshark : yes
				   Build tshark : yes
					Build capinfos : yes
				  Build editcap : yes
				  Build dumpcap : yes
				  Build mergecap : yes
				  Build text2pcap : yes
				  Build idl2wrs : yes
				  Build randpkt : yes
				   Build dftest : yes
				Install setuid : no
				Use plugins : yes
				 Build lua plugin : no
				 Use GTK+ v2 library : yes
				 Use threads : no
				 Build profile binaries : no
			   Use pcap library : yes
			   Use zlib library : yes
			   Use pcre library : yes
			   Use kerberos library : no
			   Use GNU ADNS library : no
			   Use GNU crypto library : no
			   Use SSL crypto library : no
			   Use IPv6 name resolution : yes
			   Use UCD SNMP/Net-SNMP library : no
			   Use gnutls library : no #

Shouldn't (at least) the OpenSSL libraries been used? Also I had built
the net-snmp port on the machine in question, should'nt that too
have been found?

SSL's (BSD-style?) license is or may be (or at least there's discussion about) incompatible with Wireshark's GPL license, so it is not picked up by default (you have to do "./configure --enable-ssl" to get it). I've seen SNMP picked up automatically--maybe it's not in the path 'configure' expects it to be in? (In that case add "--with-net-snmp=/path/to/net/snmp".)