Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] What about a Wireshark forum?

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 19:34:19 +0800

Chris Swinney wrote:
Hi All,

I know there is this support list but what about running a nice web
forum for Wireshark and its various intricacies. It would turn into a
much better resource that an archive of indiscreet posting.

I know that mail list are a good old hang over from the geek days past,
but wouldn't it be better to get access to a more usable, better
accessible support resources that could then be linked to the WiKi
pages.

This was proposed a few months ago, see the thread starting here:

http://ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-users/200605/msg00194.html

(To save you some time reading, most of the responders disliked the idea, some pretty strongly.)