Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Arbitrarily labelling src / dst IPs?

From: "Simon Mullis" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 13:13:57 +0100
Hmmmm...

I'm using Windows XP.

I create a 'hosts' file in the same directory as my personal
preferences file (%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Wireshark\)

I create a couple of hosts entries:

a.b.c.d testing
d.e.f.g othertest

I start wireshark and load the dump with the IPs a.b.c.d and d.e.f.g
(both RFC1918).

The IPs are still IPs.  I then click "View -> Name Resolution -> Resolve Name"

Nothing....

I've tried both Unix and Dos style line endings in the hosts file also.

Any ideas?

SM