Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] obscuring program name?

From: "Jeff Sadowski" <jeff.sadowski@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 23:52:23 -0600
Ok viruses an trogens could potentially see that wireshark is running and hide activity when something is running. One alternative is to sniff from another pc but is there a way to have maybe a random name of the program and only allow interprocess communications so a program cannot find out that it is wireshark via an api check?