Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Child capture process died: Segmentation violation - core

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 11:30:17 -0700
Janssens, Kitty wrote:
I've created a named pipe and let wireshark read from it.
But as soon as I stop the capture in wireshark, I get a pop-up :
"Child capture process died: Segmentation violation - core dumped" Any idea what I'm doing wrong ?

Not telling us what version of Wireshark you're using and what OS you're running this on. :-)

The crash is the result of a bug in Wireshark; we'd need to know what version to see if, for example, it's a known bug we've fixed in a more recent version.