Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Windows installer bug: Users shouldn't have to accept GNU

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:23:37 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006, Shawn Willden wrote:

[SNIP]

> Again, I'm not proposing any interpretation.  Just trying to clarify that
> users do not, in fact, need to agree to any license terms in order to install
> and run the software.  I suppose that the notion that they don't need to
> agree to it might be an interpretation, but the FSF's GPL FAQ is pretty clear
> on the point.

Could you point us to the Q&A in the GPL FAQ discussing this issue? I've
tried to locate it op http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl-faq.html
but failed.

On another note, the License also speeks about warranty in clauses 11 en
12. I don't mind the person installing agreeing to that.

Thanx,
Jaap