Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Windows installer bug: Users shouldn't have to accept GNU

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:29:25 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

I'll copy my reply here as well in order to completely inform the
community.
--------------------8<---------------------------------------------------
Well, users of the program don't have to accept the GPL. I can walk up to
any machine which has Wireshark installed and use the program without
being asked to accept the GNU GPL.
On the other hand, handlers of a copy of the software, which they want to
install, do have to accept the GNU GPL since it concerns distribution.

If not satisfied this better be continued on the Wireshark Users mailing
list i.s.o. this bug database.

Thanx,
Jaap