Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark and Windows Domain Members

From: Bob von Knobloch <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:01:04 +0200
Hello Wireshark users,

I have a Windows system with a Samba Domain Controller and Windows XP clients. I notice that I cannot run Wireshark (latest download) where a Domain Logon (as domain admin) is used - no error message occurs, the cursor 'egg-timer' appears and then reverts to normal - in task manager, Isee 'wireshark.exe' briefly appear and then disappear. A local logon to the same PC allows Wireshark to run. This is not (at least, directly) a windows permission problem, as I have my domain admins also entered under the local admin group and Ethereal (0.99.0)works fine (I just wanted to update to Wireshark).
Has anyone else seen this and/or is there a solution ??

Regards,
Robert von Knobloch