Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] wireshark ssl decryption for dummies

From: "authesserre samuel" <sauthess@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:09:53 +0200
Hi,

To work this have to be compiled with gnutls (+ libgcrypt) support
maybe that in the windows 0.99.3 installer this features is missing ?
(I'm not a windows user so I can't help you)
On linux box to compile you have to install gnuTLS and libgcrypt
before compiling wireshark so....It's maybe an idea to follow....

regards

On 9/13/06, Andrew Schweitzer <a.schweitzer.grps@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Andrew Schweitzer wrote:
> authesserre samuel wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>The first part of the log file say : the key is correctly registred
>>for this port (127.0.0.1:3700 associated with server.key)
>>but the second part of the log file show that youre trying to decrypt
>>data on 11.38.144.142:3700 this can't work
>>
>>try to replace 127.0.0.1 by the IP address of youre server (11.38.144.142 ?)
>>

> That worked better, but not quite all the way there. The data is
> decrypted in the log file, but I can't seem to find the decryption in
> the wireshark gui.

"Version 0.99.4 (SVN Rev 19056)" (built locally) shows data in gui!
"Version 0.99.3 (SVN Rev 19011)" (windows install from web) does not.