Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] No TCP traffic

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 03:01:21 -0700
Alan Middlehurst wrote:

I am on machine A running wireshark, connected to hub A......

The slow machine (lets call that B) is connected to hub B. This has
no TCP packets showing (or HTTP for that matter, even though I have
viewed web pages whilst capturing traffic)

HTTP packets are almost certainly TCP packets.

I have captured packets from other machines on hub B, which all have
lots of traffic including TCP and HTTP (and yes I'm doing the same
things on any machines I'm testing on)

So the network adapter on machine B plugged into hub B is running at 100 Mbit/s, as per

2, As far as I know Autoneg is working OK. The hub is connected to a
switch but if I look at the connection on the local machine it says
its connected at 100Mbps. Dont know if there is any other way of
confirming  this?

Is the network adapter on machine A, plugged into machine A, also running at 100 Mbit/s?

What about the network adapters of the other machines plugged into hub B?

And where is the switch in this network?  Is it used to...

Hub A and B are connected together.

...connect the two hubs?