Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] No TCP traffic

From: "Alan Middlehurst" <amidd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 16:35:17 +0100
Hi Grant

Im pretty sure its a hub because I can see all other traffic coming from other machines which are attached to that same device.
Also I have already disabled the AV on the machine in question, but this hasnt helped

Cheers

On 9/6/06, Alan Middlehurst <amidd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1, Yep, definately a hub, a dual speed hub

Alan,
    Is it a Dumb HUB?  It's been years since you could purchase a real
Dumb HUB.  A couple of years ago (~2003), I had to special order a rev
1 HUB from Linksys because all their new HUBs were switches in HUB's
clothing, aka Smart HUBs.  With the proliferation of networked devices
these days, I'm surprised that there's no way to configure Smart/Dumb
behavior.  It's been a while since I've had to shop for such devices
so this feature may be included now.

    Another performance hit could be Virus Scanners.  Just to give you
something else to try.  When things start bogging down, I usually
disable the virus scanner. If things speed back up, I know the cause.
Then I either try to tweak the scanner setting or accept the
performance hit.

--
Grant Mills
gmills@xxxxxxxx