Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] No TCP traffic

From: "Alan Middlehurst" <amidd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 15:59:31 +0100
1, Yep, definately a hub, a dual speed hub

2, As far as I know Autoneg is working OK. The hub is connected to a switch but if I look at the connection on the local machine it says its connected at 100Mbps. Dont know if there is any other way of confirming this?

Other machines which are connected to the same hub I can see all sorts of traffic coming to and from.
An example of slowness is when you open Word and then try to browse to open a file. It is when you are trying to browse to the file you think the machine has hung.
By the way this is a new machine the same spec (and image near enough) as the others in the office.

Hope any of this helps

Thanks for the replies

>>> jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx 06/09/2006 13:23:25 >>>
Hi,

Question one: is it really a hub, not a 10/100 switch in disguise? It
would account for the fact that you only captured non unicast packets of
it.
Question two: Are both hub and slow PC agreeing on duplex? If one does
half and the other full, this could lead to 50% packet loss easy. Autoneg
does fail sometimes.

Thanx,
Jaap