Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] How to set "Decode as RTP" as my default settings?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 11:08:33 -0700
Marc-Antoine Boisvert wrote:

Each time I open Wireshark, I would like that the "decode as"
protocol be set to RTP by default (for all UDP ports). Is there any way to do
that ?

No.

What you can do, however, is turn on the "Try to decode RTP outside of conversations" preference for the RTP protocol (go to Edit->Protocols, select RTP, and turn that preference on), and then save your preferences.