Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Using with a switch

From: "Craig Wicker" <CWicker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 11:00:39 -0400
Different vendors label this action different things:
SPAN Port
Mirror Port
Monitor Port

My Cisco 4510R statement goes like this; your syntax may vary; and all
commands listed below are given from the Executive mode:
monitor session 1 source interface G4/10
monitor session 1 destination interface G5/10

[where source is the interface I wish to capture from;
where destination is the interface I have plugged into with WireShark]

show monitor session 1 (all)
no monitor session 1

Craig Wicker
Hooker Furniture Corp