Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Why is default filter 'not tcp port 3389' ?

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:12:53 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

There's a nice commentblock in util.c that explains this:

/* Try to figure out if we're remotely connected, e.g. via ssh or
   Terminal Server, and create a capture filter that matches aspects of the
   connection.  We match the following environment variables:

   REMOTEHOST (tcsh, others?): <remote name>
   DISPLAY (x11): [remote name]:<display num>
   CLIENTNAME (terminal server): <remote name>
 */

Thanx,
Jaap