Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Announcing the release of AirPcap

From: Loris Degioanni <loris.degioanni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:46:16 -0700
It is a pleasure for me to announce the release of a new product from CACE Technologies: the AirPcap Wireless Capture Adapter for Windows.

This is our initial product announcement since Gerald Combs, the creator of Wireshark (formerly Ethereal), joined CACE Technologies in May of this year. AirPcap is the first Open Source friendly, affordable and easy to deploy WLAN (802.11b/g) packet capture solution for the Windows platform. AirPcap comes as a USB 2.0 adapter, and has been fully integrated with Wireshark, WinDump and WinPcap. AirPcap enables Open Source tools you already know well to analyze 802.11b/g wireless traffic, including control frames, management frames and power information. All of this can be done from your Windows laptop, with minimal installation and configuration effort.

The AirPcap solution is a good example of the CACE Technologies philosophy: we invest in continuous improvements to our Open Source tools, and at the same time provide individual and commercial users with products that enhance the scope of the usefulness of these tools.

More details about AirPcap can be found at the following address:

http://www.cacetech.com/products/airpcap.htm

I hope that AirPcap will be a useful aid as you work on designing, troubleshooting and maintaining the security of your wireless networks.

Loris Degioanni
and the CACE Technologies team