Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark on Windows 2003 x64?

From: Bob Doolittle <Robert.Doolittle@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 17:08:24 -0400
Hi,

I installed the 4.0 Alpha 1 version of WinPCap which is supposed to work
with W2K3 x64, and installed 0.99.2 of wireshark, but my captures always
come up empty.

I'm an experienced ethereal user from other platforms, so it's probably not
"operator error", but I've never tried this on an x64 platform before.

Any tips?  Known problems?

Also note I'm running VMware Server on this machine, and it's done
some voodoo network interface plumbing.  Is VMware known to cause issues?

Please respond to me directly as I'm not on the mailing list.

Thanks,
  Bob